Can’t lodge your Business Tax on time?

Can't lodge your Business Tax on time?


Running a business has many competing priorities and getting your tax work done is just another thing you need to get around to. This is one of the reasons why many businesses engage Access Tax and Accounting.

It is important to contact us if you can’t lodge by the due date so we can work together to find a solution.

Did you know you may be eligible for an extra two weeks to lodge and pay your quarterly activity statements? Talk to us today to find out how.

Contact Us

Is your company vehicle available for private use?

Is your company car available for private use?


Vehicle fringe benefit applies when your business owns or leases a car and makes it available for your employees’ private travel. Don’t forget that directors might also be employees.

Some examples of providing a car fringe benefit include:

  • Employees using the car for private travel, such as travel between work and home.
  • Garaging the car at or near your employees’ home, which makes it available for private use – even if it is not used privately.
To help you determine if fringe benefit applies to your company vehicle, contact Access Tax and Accounting today!

Contact Us

Is your business paying GST on imported goods?

Is your business paying GST for imported goods?

GST applies to most imports over $1,000. GST is 10% of the value of the goods you’ve imported. You generally need to pay this to the Department of Home Affairs before you can receive the goods.

The deferred GST scheme will allow you to pay your GST later and there are eligibility requirements. If you are registered for this scheme, you don’t need to pay GST until after the goods are imported and you lodge your next business activity statement.

There are also methods for claiming a credit for any GST paid on goods you import for your business which we can help you better understand.

GST now also applies to imported goods valued at less than $1000, as well as digital products or services.

If you’re registered for GST and you import low value goods for your business, you shouldn’t have to pay GST on these purchases. You need to remember to provide your supplier with your ABN and a statement that you’re registered for GST.

If you’re charged GST incorrectly, or if the GST is less than $82.50, talk to us about claiming a GST credit on your next BAS without needing a tax invoice.


Contact Us

BAS and GST Advice For Your Business

BAS and GST Advice For Your Business


Always make sure you keep good records and be prepared for lodging your BAS. Ensuring you have good records will ensure you comply with Australian Business Tax Laws and reduce the time and effort required for your lodgement.

Here are some great GST and BAS tips for your business tax:

  1. Keep all your business activity records such as invoices of sale and business related purchase receipts. These records must typically be kept for 5 years.
  2. We will only help you claim GST credits for business purchases that include GST in the sale price from suppliers that are registered for GST.
  3. Make sure you have a tax invoice for any purchases over $82.50 (As required by Australian Business Tax Law)
  4. Speak to Access Tax and Accounting about your BAS and GST obligations for your business.
  5.  If you think you might not be able to pay your business’ GST obligations, contact us as soon as possible before your BAS is due. You must lodge your BAS on time for your business, even if you are unable to pay.

Contact Us

New tax reporting for cleaners and couriers

If you provide any cleaning or courier services you need to lodge a Taxable payments annual report (TPAR) to tell us about payments you make to contractors.

Contractors can include:

  • subcontractors
  • consultants
  • independent contractors.

What do you need to do?

If your business provides cleaning or courier services make sure you keep records about the payments you make to contractors for cleaning or courier services they provide on your behalf, including:

  • their ABN, where known
  • their name and address
  • the total amounts you paid them during the financial year (including any GST).

This information is generally available on the invoices you should receive from your contractors for payment.

Your first TPAR will need to be lodged by 28 August 2019 for payments made to contractors between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019. Information about how to lodge is available on our website.

Talk to us about managing your business tax today.

Contact Us